I don’t talk much about my pregnancy on this blog, but I do like to share my DIY and Interior design inspiration posts, so this one is relevant.
So I’m definitely getting into the nesting phase of the pregnancy and can’t stop thinking about decorating and getting the nursery sorted! We’re having our basement renovated to create another room, which will be an office and spare bedroom with ensuite WC. I will be posting lots about that soon! But until this project is done, we can’t really start on the nursery, which is starting to drive me wild. So instead, I have to settle with Pinterest and window-shopping for now.
I’ve found lots of awesome things long the way and are saving them in wish-lists for when the day arrives when I can actually BUY BUY BUY.
Here’s just a selection of my current nursery inspiration (I’m sure there’ll be lots more!):
- Inspiration: I love this couple’s nursery on a grey and yellow theme. Great idea particularly if you don’t know the gender of your baby.
- Mamas & Papas Cloud Wallpaper (although I’d prefer it if it was white and grey!)
- Kinder Valley Kai Cot Bed
- I LOVE these nursery prints from Minted.com. You can even personalise them with your baby’s name or any other wording, which I think is a lovely touch. I’ll definitely be getting one for our nursery.
- This badger rug is pretty awesome too…maybe for when the baby is a bit older though
- How cool are these ceiling lights?!
I think there’s lots of different styles and influences above, so won’t go for everything at once, but definitely food for thought! Also shows what can be done in a nursery and it’s not all rocking-horses and teddy-bears.
How did you decorate your nursery?