With just 122 days left of 2014, I got thinking about all the things I have and haven’t achieved so far this year. It’s been a blimmin’ busy year, but there’s still a few things I’d like to get done before 2015.
So what did you get up to this bank holiday? Notting Hill Carnival (I went last year)? Manchester Pride (2 days of partying)?
I had a weekend of Blackburn Beat, BBQs and binge-watching box-sets on NetFlix…. I’ve also caught up on some of my favourite blogs and found some awesome stuff on the net…
Bits & Bobs
- Some inspirational images for getting fit and eating well!
- Have been thinking about writing my own bucket list for a while – here’s 101 places to visit before you die! How many have you been to?
- I’m sharing Poppy’s Love of Anthropologie and super excited that they’re opening another UK store.
- Loving Bravissimo’s range of clothes for bigger boobs – Pepperberry. Actually buy you dress size and chooses from a variety of bust sizes, so it fits you properly and you don’t need to buy a tent to cover your boobs!
- These vintage pics of modern day celebs are pretty awesome.
- What the f**k should I make for dinner? Well this site will tell you, and swear along the way. Hilarious! (Don’t click if swearing offends you!)
- The 90s button will keep you boogying all day long.
- Loving this Hampton Court House wedding! The dress…oh the dress!
- Really liking the style of this wedding photographer
- Love it when pets are included in the celebrations – wish we could’ve had Bobbi at our Wedding!
What have you found on the net this week?
Okay so this one’s a little late coming. A month late to be exact. But I thought I’d do a little post about my birthday.
This is kind of the first birthday I’ve properly celebrated in Manchester, so it’ll be remembered. For any of you born in the Summer, I’m not sure if you agree, but everyone is always away on my birthday…or there’s a wedding…or a festival (usually Secret Garden). So I don’t often do anything big. But being the end of July, the weather is often pretty good, so that’s a bonus! Continue reading
On our recent holiday in Tuscany, we were lucky enough to get tickets to the often sold-out concert of Andrea Bocelli in the Teatro del Silenzio, Lajatico.
It’s something we’ve wanted to do since the family moved to Tuscany, as we heard it really is something quite special. Andrea Bocelli is from the Tuscan village of Lajatico and every Summer he performs an outdoor concert in the specially built amphitheatre in the hills. People travel from far and wide to see this once-in-a-lifetime experience and you don’t have to be a lover of opera to appreciate it. Continue reading
Woohoo! It’s a bank holiday weekend. 3 days of fun in the sun (we hope). 3 lie-ins (fingers crossed). 3 hangovers (probably).
But how should we make the most of it? How do we make sure it’s not wasted away indoors in front of the telly?
Well here’s 5 things to do this Manchester August Bank Holiday: Continue reading
Only a short post on my food lately, because really, the photos will speak for themselves! We recently enjoyed a Saturday lunch at The Laundrette, Chorlton and had forgotten how good the food there is! Continue reading
A short Link Loveliness this week, but here’s some things I’ve found on t’interweb lately:
- Loving this vintage fashion blog I found this week
- Mod Cloth is awesome, and so is their blog!
- Amazing! An Oreo dunking spoon! What will they think of next?
- Cool Shit You Can Buy – what else is there to say!
- 60 Must read Health, Fitness and Happiness blogs
- Loving the photography and inspirational fitness tips on Fitness on Toast
- Celebrating the awesomeness of food is i am a food blog
- Loving this London Food and Travel blog from Eat Like a Girl
What have you found on your internet travels lately?
As you may know, I run a series of meet-ups for bloggers in Manchester and the North-West, called WeBlogMCR. The idea is for bloggers to meet other bloggers, share experiences, tips and inspiration and to meet people you might not otherwise meet. It’s a great chance to network and also generate some awesome blog content.
The 1st WeBlogMCR meet-up was held in June at The Whim Wham Cafe and was a great success with loads of lovely bloggers showing-up
The 2nd meet-up, I decided to host at Spinningfields on the Casillero del Diablo ‘Wine Legend’ bus, which was due to be on site for one day and one day only. Too good an opportunity to pass up! Continue reading
As with all times that I try and start my diet and fitness regime, eat healthily and cut down on booze, there has been a plethora of opportunities to eat and drink out in Manchester lately. None less than the grand opening of Victor’s in Hale and a girly work night out this last week.
I’ll tell you about the opening of Victor’s, as this is something that I’ve been excited about for a while now. The owners Karina and James (the geniuses behind Southern 11 and Neighbourhood in Spinningfields) have not disappointed with the new Cheshire edition to their stylish and seriously scrummy eateries and bars. Continue reading
With the spirit of my health and fitness (or lack thereof) in mind, here’s a few things I’ve found online this week…
- Body Inspiration from real women! We should all be proud of ourselves and don’t need to be a size 8 to be so!
- Fantastic, carb-free and low-calorie Grilled Mediterranean and Quinoa Salad
- Everyone should consider working out with kettle bells – you can do it at home and they burn serious calories.
- 2 things I love in one dish…Quinoa Shrimp Scampi
- I’m loving my new spiralizer, which creates carb-free spaghetti out of vegetables. Here’s 9 recipes!
- The 20 most inspiring health and fitness mantras
This deserves it’s own special mention!
- The new Johnnie Walker Blue Label presents Jude Law in ‘The Gentleman’s Wager’ – wow! Just wow!